Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fence panel post design

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bengee5454
240 Views, 3 Replies

Fence panel post design

hi. I could do with some assistance.

For a project I have to show fence panel posts. Each post is its own subassembly. The design comprises an end post at either end (shown as red in diagram), and mid posts separating them (green).

bengee5454_0-1675933448449.png

I would like to be able to state how many panels I require (in the example: 7). So far so good. The panels also come in 2 widths (A and B) and can be for example A,A,A,A,B,B,B . So dont know if a pattern would do as the irregular spacing.

Sketch driven pattern? - i have tried this but didnt get very far 

If i say 7 panels and select the widths, at the moment its giving me 7 green posts, but i only want 6  green posts. Is there a way to control the number of instances of a part in the assembly?

I've looked into ilogic to suppress the last green post, but cannot see how to suppress assemblies. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
A.Acheson
in reply to: bengee5454

I would set this all up manually first and use a regular linear pattern and symmetric about the center origin plane.  Then using parameters for qty and spacing. You can have these parameters in a form. If you want a configurable model then use ilogic capture snippets to add occurrence and pattern. Then work in replace occurrence lines. If it’s easier just replicate all the occurrence and pattern lines for each configuration. If you know the tricks you can remove a lot of code used but the complexity goes up. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 3 of 4
A.Acheson
in reply to: A.Acheson

Here is another workflow you might consider use of ilogic place component. You might like to make full assembly panels. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 4 of 4
bengee5454
in reply to: bengee5454

thank you for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report