Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty report of Analyze Interference (Interference of component with itself).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Maxim-CADman77
339 Views, 4 Replies

Faulty report of Analyze Interference (Interference of component with itself).

It was noticed that ".\Models\Assemblies\Personal Computer\Motherboard\Motherboard.iam" (from "Inventor 2019 Sample Files" available at "Inventor Sample Files") has the odd component "PCI Slot" (visually there are two but in fact apart from two in "Component Pattern 1" there is a single one ("...:3") that is positionally duplicating one of those patterned):

PCI-Slot-Doubling.png

User can discover this problem by means of Analyze Interference,

BUT

Interferences report is unclear - for some reason it show correct instance number of one of the interfered parts (either "*:1 vs *:1" or "*:3 vs *:3" i believe depending on which was selected first):

Analyze-Interference-Part-Name-DOUBLE.png

For me the issue seems like Inventor API defect (InterferenceResult object returns same Name value for OccurrenceOne and OccurrenceTwo) and I'd like it be investigated and commented by an Autodesk representative (maybe @johnsonshiue).

PS:
I can reproduce the issue in both Inventor 2023.3 and 2024.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@johnsonshiue 
Will you, please, confirm the issue is reproducible* and inform development team about it?

MaximCADman77_0-1701973331521.png

Have just able to reproduce in 2023.4.1 and 2024.2.

Message 3 of 5

Dear, @johnsonshiue, could you, please,  study this case (and probably move the thread to general forum)?
Thank you in advance.

Message 4 of 5

Dear @MjDeck , could you, please, study/comment this?
PS:
This issue is reproducible in Inventor 2024.3

Message 5 of 5
MjDeck
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

Hi Maxim - I can confirm it, and I can reproduce it in a new assembly. Add two instances of the same part, and constrain the instances so that they occupy the same space. This is internal issue number INVGEN-77484. I think we can fix it soon.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report