Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external material list

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Lupe_Stewart
261 Views, 5 Replies

external material list

I have made an external material list that is used on the daily.  I have been trying and searching on how to make the material list appear every time that i use an IPT file... I have tried doing it on the template IPT that we have... and it doesn't stay on there like its suppose to... just wondering if i am missing something or is there something else that i need to do to make this work.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
WCrihfield
in reply to: Lupe_Stewart

What is this 'external material list'?  Is it an Excel spreadsheet document?  Is it 'embeded' in the template document?  How do you plan to use it?  What exactly are you trying to do...in detailed bulleted list, with order of operations to happen.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 6
Lupe_Stewart

the list is a .adsklib file. since inventor has defaulted material list, and there is 4 designers and 9 engineers i am trying to keep everything in one spot so everyone can use it and not have 13 different copies of it... i wanted to keep it in the master ipt, iam file as you had suggested with the bom selections, thanks again by the way on that.

Message 4 of 6
Lupe_Stewart

since we deal with ipj files... i have tried to make this in the master project.ipj file.... but for what ever i am missing to make it attach itself when i go to add material list it doesnt stay.... 

Message 5 of 6
A.Acheson

For the material library. We work on shared network so the design data file lives on the shared network. In your case you could just have the material library in a central location as there is a direct path in the project file. 

To edit I have a separate project that loads up a sample part and here I add the materials/ change appearances. The correct library needs to be loaded we made our own library separate to inventor. So name is recognizable. We use a single project file to eliminate incorrect data setting being used.

In your case could it be your using multiple project files and there is a chance the material library is mapped differently in each? If this is the case you could use an iLogic rule to detect which library has been used and change if necessary. 

Post up some screen shots of adding the materials if the issue is there. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 6 of 6
Lupe_Stewart
in reply to: A.Acheson

The material list is stored on the server for everyone to access

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report