Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Parasolid files

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
nfelixCXUGM
364 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting Parasolid files

Hi,

Right now we are able to export PDF, DWG and Step. I want to be able to add Parasolid files (.x_b), should i add Parasolid to below code or something else? Hope i'm being clear.

checkpdfs = Nz(Me.chkPDFs, 0)
Checkdwgs = Nz(Me.chkDWGs, 0)
checkdxfs = Nz(Me.chkDXFs, 0)
checksteps = Nz(Me.chkSteps, 0)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
WCrihfield
in reply to: nfelixCXUGM

Hi @nfelixCXUGM.  I am not sure what that code you are showing above is supposed to be doing, because I have never seen code exactly like that before, but I assume it must have something to do with exporting Inventor files to other file types.  Are you calling some sort of custom Function to run with those lines of code?  I do know that we can export model files to Parasolid Binary Files (.x_b) manually, so we should also be able to export them by code also.  I have never needed to use those file types for anything before, so I am not super familiar with them.  Which coding language are you using? (iLogic / VB.NET, VBA, C#, other)

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 4
Frederick_Law

Just try and see what happen.

We have no idea what Nz() is.  So we won't know what it can do.

Message 4 of 4
WCrihfield

Hi @nfelixCXUGM.  Attached is a text file containing the code for an iLogic rule example you can try for exporting a model file to Parasolid Binary file (.x_b).  Many of these iLogic code examples for exporting a native Inventor file type to some other type of file, using one of the 'TranslatorAddIns' that come installed in Inventor, are pretty similar, so I copied one of my other codes for exporting, then modified it a bit for exporting that file type.  As far as I know there are only two options available for that scenario ('IncludeSketches' & 'Version'), so I included those two options in this code example.  I set the 'IncludeSketches' option to True, and set the 'Version' option to 35, but you can change those to whichever values you want.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report