Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit row parameters of iPart using iLogic while in assembly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
harvey_craig2RCUH
119 Views, 1 Reply

Edit row parameters of iPart using iLogic while in assembly

How do I edit the values in an iPart table I have placed in an assembly? 

Components.AddiPart("b:1", "C:\VaultWS\generic_file_path\TestShape.ipt", findRow := {"L", 10 }, position := Nothing, grounded := False, visible := True, appearance := Nothing)
'component b:1, edit the current rows value of L = 11
'save changes
iLogicVb.UpdateWhenDone = True

I have simplified what I'm doing. But for context I am creating an assembly template that prompts the user with a series of inputs for a component, and if it it exists it places that iPart, and if it doesn't exist it copies the row and enters users parameters in the new row before placing the new part. I am stuck on the part where it changes the parameters in the row.

Thanks,

Harvey 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @harvey_craig2RCUH 

Is the factory file located in the workspace or in a library location? If library then the file will be read only. Here is an article to directly edit the factory file. Written in VBA

And a handy way to add a row is to copy another row and start to edit its value. In fact without using the edit excel method there isn't another way.

Syntax

iPartTableRow.Copy( [NewMemberName] As String ) As iPartTableRow

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report