Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Guidelines / Graphical Elements for Panels

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
DSantos23
243 Views, 0 Replies

Design Guidelines / Graphical Elements for Panels

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to learn add-in development as a new skill... I don't have any tight deadline or anything big... Just would like to use my .NET skills to build little things, aids if you will, so I can use them within Inventor.

As a developer, I have this constrain where I need to build the UI first... I need to see it first and then I code what it takes behind them...

That said, I've reading the examples shipped with the SDK, and one document in particular is a starting point in regards best practices for the UI... However these documents seems to be obsolete and may not reflect the latest guideline Autodesk is using.

This one here in particular stands out, but it is nearly 20 years old.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 202?\SDK\DeveloperTools\Docs\Guidelines\Third-Party Design Guidelines.doc

Chapter "2 Environment User Interface Definition"

Pages 11 & 12, ADSK talks about panels and containers....

So the two add-ins below have these dockable panels and these collapsible groups...

My question to the members is: Is there any template in the SDK showing how to build these sidebars/panels containing these collapsible groups?

The graphical resources, are they part of the API/SDK or I have to develop them as well? I mean, look at the collapsible menus within the red circles below... Are they part of the Inventor API or each vendor implemented their objects?

If anyone can point me in the right direction here, it would be much appreciated... For now, just need to build the panels...

Thanks a million in advance...

sc.png

ic.png

Tags (1)
Labels (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report