Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description mismatch for `AspectRatio` parameter in Translator options

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
atsushi_kuno
166 Views, 4 Replies

Description mismatch for `AspectRatio` parameter in Translator options

Hi, everyone

I am writing a plugin to export an .obj file. When I reading the description of `AspectRatio` parameter for Translator options, I noticed a description mismatch. The figure immediately below is an excerpt from "Definitions of Export Values" section (source page😞

Screenshot from 2024-06-28 12-04-56.png

The other figure below is another excerpt from "Export options for CATIA V5, IGES, JT, Parasolid, Pro/ENGINEER, SAT, STEP, STL and OBJ." section:

Screenshot from 2024-06-28 12-04-43.png

As you can see, the valid value range for `AspectRatio` should be between 0 to 21.5 in Float or Double while its default value is 40 in Integer. What is the correct value range and data type for the option?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
WCrihfield
in reply to: atsushi_kuno

Hi @atsushi_kuno.  Good point.  Looks like maybe a mistake in the help documentation, or maybe an old value that needs to be updated after some changes at some point along the way.  That is not an export file type that I commonly use, but as a test, I just attempted to manually export an assembly I had open as an OBJ file, then clicked on the Options button in the Save As window, and this is what it shows.  That bottom slider does not change its max value, no matter which 'High, Medium, Low, Custom, Brep option is chosen.  I would say this proves that 21.5 is its upper limit, but that specification is only available when one of the options other than 'Brep' is chosen.  Plus, the documentation seems to indicate that it will be ignored unless the 'Resolution' is set to Custom.

WCrihfield_0-1719592401839.png

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 5
atsushi_kuno
in reply to: WCrihfield

Hi, @WCrihfield 

I see. Thanks for your answer. Let me check my understanding. The valid value range for the AspectRatio option is from 0 to 21.5 in real value, and the option is effective only when High, Medium, or Low is selected for the Resolution option. Is that correct?

Message 4 of 5
WCrihfield
in reply to: atsushi_kuno

When doing it manually, that setting is greyed out while the Resolution is set to Brep, but is no longer greyed out while any of the other resolution settings are being used.  However, once you change that one setting from its default, that will go to the Custom setting, so if you want to specify a custom setting for the aspect ratio, it must be on Custom resolution.  The same is true when doing it by code.  If you need/want to specify a custom value for the aspect ratio, then the resolution must be set to custom, which apparently is represented by the numerical value 3.  Edit:  The numerical value for Resolution is specified on that online help page you provided that link to in your original post.  I missed that originally. 🙄  My brain is getting tired.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 5 of 5
atsushi_kuno
in reply to: WCrihfield

Got it. Thanks a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report