Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CustomPanel - FlyOut

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
277 Views, 1 Reply

CustomPanel - FlyOut

Hello,

I use the CommandControls.AddButtonPopup to have some buttons as a flyout. Now I think it does not work like the Autodesks one. I trie to explain it a litte bit:

By Autodesk -> for example IAM -> Place Component
- If you click to the Button the function to place a component is active
- If you click the arrow (e.g. place by vault) at the bottom the fly-out will expand

By API:
- If you want the first Flyout-Button you have to click to the first Button
- then the Menü is flying out
- then you can click the first Button

I thinks there sould be a better solution. So my question is: Is there any solution to have a flyout like the Autodesks ones?

Thanks a lot.
Christian

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DRoam
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous, you need to use either the SplitButton or SplitButtonMRU control instead of the ButtonPopup control. Take a look at this page in the API documentation for the types of controls available: CommandControls Object.

If you want the first button under the flyout to always be the default button, use SplitButton. If you want the last clicked button to be the default button, use SplitButtonMRU (MRU stands for Most Recently Used).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report