Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a "Preview Window" in a Form

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
andrew_smith7WZVJ
158 Views, 4 Replies

Creating a "Preview Window" in a Form

I am working on an iLogic rule that takes a list of notes from an Excel spreadsheet and allows the user to pick and choose which notes are added to the inventor drawing sheet. Is there a way to add a preview of the notes section to the form so that the user can view what they have selected and how their selection is formatted before the program adds the notes to the sheet? Thanks in advanced!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @andrew_smith7WZVJ ,

I would probably just add/remove the notes to the drawing dynamically as they select them in the form, so that the end result is the "preview".

Is there a reason that approach would not work?

Message 3 of 5

It is hard or impossible to create preview in iLogic form.

Better situation is if you can use WinForms or WPF. There are some possible approaches.

1) You can use some TextBox and build preview in it. This is not a real preview how it will look in Inventor but it is easy to do it.

2) Use Inventor transactions and update result after each user input change.

Message 4 of 5

Hey @Curtis_Waguespack 

The approach you described is a completely valid option. I am more just trying to understand the capabilities of iLogic forms. If there is an easy way to go about adding something like that, it would be nice to know 🙂

Thank you!

Message 5 of 5

Hi @andrew_smith7WZVJ 

See the attached iLogic example. It's pretty basic and not reading in from a source file, but should give you some ideas on how to do this using an iLogic form.

General Note Example Inv 2023.idw

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report