Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a new pipe style

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
roversimone.uk
267 Views, 1 Reply

creating a new pipe style

Hello experts,

I know I have been asking this for ages but if someone of you could help me (@cgbenner has tried already a lot) I need to sort this out please.

Basically, as you can see from the two images attached, I have created a custom pipestyle (the pipe has been authorised previusly already). Everything looks fine as you can see, but when I click "save" nothing happends. It doesn't allow me to save it. (I can click save but doesn't do anything, only when I click close).

Why??? I honestly cannot understand.

many thanks for you help in advance guys

Simone

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
A.Acheson
in reply to: roversimone.uk

You have posted this on the customization forum which is primarily for posting ilogic/vba coding questions, so you will see less participants and tube and pipe users here as a result. 

I have followed your previous post on the inventor forum. It can be hard to figure out what is stopping the saving of the styles without a video of the steps taken. If you can post this please it may help. I try not to create new styles but simply modify existing ones and rename the family etc to avoid the authoring pitfalls. If I do need to create a new CC part, I would still compare the old to new and find out what the difference is, either in style setup or CC part mapping.

Some tips:

• Try place as custom the parts from the family that are working in the style and check the parameters are similar and also the authoring mapping. 
  • Replace one part at a time in the style save and test. Sometimes replacing all the parts can lead to nothing working  with no idea of which one has caused the issues. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report