Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREATING A FEATURE BASED PATTERN FROM A PART FEATURE

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
phani.gampala
126 Views, 0 Replies

CREATING A FEATURE BASED PATTERN FROM A PART FEATURE

Hello Everyone,

goal: I'm want to constrain fasteners placed in an assembly by picking the proxy faces and then create a feature based pattern of the fasteners if the hole feature in the part is patterned.

I'm not a programmer but I'm learning and was able to place and constrain the fasteners to a part hole based on the a few reference codes I have come across. However, I can't figure out the logic to creating a pattern of the fasteners.

The code needs to:

1. check if the hole feature the fastener is constrained to was patterned or not. If there is no pattern, then exit.

2. If there is a pattern, then create a feature based pattern of the collection created.

oApp = ThisApplication
Dim oDoc As Document = oApp.ActiveDocument	
Dim oCompDef As AssemblyComponentDefinition = oDoc.ComponentDefinition
Dim oAllOcc As ComponentOccurrences
Dim oOcc As ComponentOccurrence
Dim oPart1 As ComponentOccurrence
Dim oPart2 As ComponentOccurrence

Do
Dim oHole1 As Face
oHole1 = ThisApplication.CommandManager.Pick(SelectionFilterEnum.kPartFaceCylindricalFilter, "Pick Bolt/Washer Cylindrical Face, Press Esc to cancel")
If oHole1 Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
oPart1 = oHole1.ContainingOccurrence
Dim oFP1 As FaceProxy
oPart1.CreateGeometryProxy(oHole1, oFP1)

Dim oHole2 As Face
oHole2 = ThisApplication.CommandManager.Pick(SelectionFilterEnum.kPartFaceCylindricalFilter, "Pick Part Hole Face, Press Esc to cancel")
If oHole2 Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
oPart2 = oHole2.ContainingOccurrence
Dim oFP2 As FaceProxy
oPart2.CreateGeometryProxy(oHole2,oFP2)
oCompDef.Constraints.AddMateConstraint(oFP1, oFP2, "0", InferredTypeEnum.kInferredLine, InferredTypeEnum.kInferredLine)
oDoc.Update

Dim oFace1 As Face = ThisApplication.CommandManager.Pick(SelectionFilterEnum.kPartFacePlanarFilter, "Pick Washer Face. Press Esc to cancel")
If oFace1 Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Dim oFace2 As Face = ThisApplication.CommandManager.Pick(SelectionFilterEnum.kPartFacePlanarFilter, "Pick Part face. Press Esc to cancel")
If oFace2 Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
oCompDef.Constraints.AddMateConstraint(oFace1, oFace2, "0")
oDoc.Update

'Creating a collection...
Dim oTO As TransientObjects = ThisApplication.TransientObjects
Dim oComps As ObjectCollection = oTO.CreateObjectCollection
Dim oComp As Object

'Loop for selecting components that need to be added to the collection...
While True
oComp = ThisApplication.CommandManager.Pick(SelectionFilterEnum.kAssemblyOccurrenceFilter, "Select the Components to pattern.") 
If oComp Is Nothing Then Exit While
oComps.Add(oComp)
End While
'FROM THIS SECTION OF THE CODE I'M UNSURE WHETHER MY LOGIC IS CORRECT OR NOT

Dim oPartComp As PartComponentDefinition Dim oPartFeatures As PartFeatures Dim oPF As PartFeature Dim oFeature As PartFeature Dim oProxyFeature As Object Dim oFace As Face = oHole2.GetSourceFace 'The real face of the hole selected in part 2... oFeature = oFace.CreatedByFeature 'The cut/hole feature that consumes Hole2 selected during constraining the fasteners... oPart = oFeature.Parent Dim oFeature1 As PartFeature For Each oOcc In oAllOcc If oOcc = oPart Then For Each oPF In oPartFeatures If oPF.Type = kCircularPatternFeatureObject Then oFeature.Name = oPF.ParentFeatures.Item(1).Name oFeature1 = oPF End If If oPF.Type <> kCircularPatternFeatureObject Then Exit Sub If oPF.Type = kRectangularPatternFeatureObject Then oFeature.Name = oPF.ParentFeatures.Item(1).Name oFeature1 = oPF End If If oPF.Type <> kRectangularPatternFeatureObject Then Exit Sub Next End If Next oFeature = oProxyFeature oCompDef.Occurrences.Item(1).CreateGeometryProxy(oFeature1, oProxyFeature) oCompDef.OccurrencePatterns.AddFeatureBasedPattern(oComps, oProxyFeature) Loop
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report