Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create model state or activate model state

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
udo.kraussBYNTW
841 Views, 3 Replies

Create model state or activate model state

Hello!

I know nothing about iLogic but I have a question if this is possible in Inventor 2023:

I want to activate OR create for example the model state "objekt" in an assembly. But it should work in all  assemblies and parts which are placed in the main assembly. Here a screenshot example:

udokraussBYNTW_0-1671007296963.png

Sorry, I have just the german Inventor: Modellzustände = model state

The idea is to make an iLogic that creates OR activates a modelstate "Objekt" in the ENG-0929891.

But it should also activate OR create a modelstate "Objekt" in the ENG-0915532 and ENG-0915601 and so on...

Is this possible or do I have to create these model states manual in every assembly?

Thanks for the answers!

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi @udo.kraussBYNTW.  It might be possible to iterate down through all the levels of an assembly, and ensure that a specifically named ModelState is present in every assembly type file, but things like ModelStates and DesignViewRepresentations are designed to be created from the bottom, up, instead of from the top, down, so it will always be easier to create them as you create each part or sub assembly.  This is partially because these items are meant to save not only the settings of the document that they reside in, but they also record how you have each assembly component (or each solid body in a multi-body part) within that document set.  The ModelState in the bottom parts would need to be set-up the way you want, so that the sub-assembly they get put in can record what ModelState you have that part set to, and that sub-assembly needs to have its ModelStates set-up the way you want, so that the next higher sub-assembly (or main assembly) can record what ModelState that sub-assembly is set to, and so on.  Depending on your needs, this can be very difficult to entirely by code, from the top, down.  What do you intend to do with this one specific ModelState in each assembly?

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 4

Hi @WCrihfield,

thank you for the answer.

Our main-assembly is very huge, about 50.000 parts.

We have to simplify it.

In Inventor 2019 we built the assemblies from the bottom to the top, with LevelOfDetails. But now there are model-states and the button "content center suppressed" is not longer available.

So I thougt it would be easier to suppress the content center an all other small parts in an assembly with, about 6000 parts, this is no problem with inventor and the function "part-size" to supress them.

The problem is, we have many parts, like motors, bearings and so on, which we buy. We build them and create a "model-state" so that for example the motor is less detailed. This model-state (less detailed) can only be activated in the next assembly above, not 2 or more assemblies above.

Its no problem for us to build these modelstates from bottom to top, we did that with the LevelofDetails (Inventor 2019), I just thougth it would be easier to hit a button in a top assembly and the inventor creates all model states in the assemblies down, just to save time for the engineer.

Message 4 of 4
w_rostek
in reply to: udo.kraussBYNTW

having the same problems with models created with previous versions but it is really unacceptable that constrains are 'suppressed' and after 'unsurprising' it they change the value if say offset is 10 it may change to 150.

It is 'pain in the...' really.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report