Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying sheets with a split parts list to a new drawing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
janguloSMWGJ
226 Views, 3 Replies

Copying sheets with a split parts list to a new drawing

I have a macro set up which will run from an old drawing. Its purpose is to create a new drawing file that perfectly mimics the old drawing but on a different drawing template. We use this to update old drawings without having to re-draw everything with all the new styles and standards.

My problem is that I can not use the Copy To method on a drawing that has its parts list table split across two or more pages. We have to split Parts Lists that are over 50 parts long due to printing restrictions.

It does not seem like there are any api calls to split or un-split tables, can anyone think of a way around this limitation?

EDIT: Running on Inventor 2022.5.2

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

PartsList Object can be split nad unsplit with the API. But only on single sheet. If you have a partsList split to more than one sheet it means there are multiple partsLists with hidden parts list lines.

Message 3 of 4

Hi Michael, thank you for your reply.

Can you point out specifically which method or property splits and un-splits the parts list object? I have looked at the maximum rows and number of sections as potential options but they do not show the same behavior as the split table command done from the right-click menu on a parts list.

I have attached a screen shot of what our drawings look like currently when we split a parts list with the right-click command. It seems to create a single parts list with a child that is moved to a different sheet. Similar to when creating a section line on a drawing view and moving the section view itself to the next sheet.

janguloSMWGJ_0-1715953650128.png

Message 4 of 4

Unfortunately it looks like this feature doesn't have an API. 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report