Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Points from part to assembly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
halganabi
155 Views, 2 Replies

Convert Points from part to assembly

I have assembly, that have part repeated many times in different locations, 
inside the part there is Workpoint called "TH" 
in the assembly, i need code to take all TH points and convert them to Workpoints inside the assembly,

plus : 
* if possible that all workpoint te be inside folder
* if possible to put all of these points inside a part together. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
WCrihfield
in reply to: halganabi

Hi @halganabi.  When you create WorkPoints in an assembly by code, even though there are several methods for creating WorkPoints in parts, only the AddFixed method will work on an assembly, leaving that point static (will not update or move with any other geometry).  So, if you moved any of those parts after creating the WorkPoints in the assembly, the new WorkPoints will no longer be accurate to the part locations.  They will remain in the previous location, where they were created.  It sounds like you want all new WorkPoints that get created within the assembly to be created in a browser tree folder, correct?  That may be possible.  But what do you mean by 'put all those points inside a part together'?  There is just one WorkPoint in each part named that way, right?  Please explain in more detail.

What do you plan on doing with these new WorkPoints once they exist in the assembly?

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 3
halganabi
in reply to: WCrihfield

attached part and assembly, 
only as an Example of the idea to generate code for it, not the system that I am working on

in the assembly, there is a part called "PARTS" this part has a work point called "TH".
This part is repeated many times in the assembly in different positions. so points TH are scattered in many positions.

so simply the code I need is to look for all "TH" points and convert them to new Fixed Workpoints at the assembly.

Yes, it is ok that these points will not move later on, 
I will do this step after I finalize everything, if I will make changes later on it is ok that I run the code again and generate a new work points every time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report