Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from in to mm

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1021 Views, 5 Replies

Changing from in to mm

Good morning to all,

i'm customizing the libraries and i need to modify the length of pipe from "in" to "mm". The ø of pipe must be in "in" but when i put my pipe in my assembly the requested dimension, about length, is "in" ( so, I write for example 200 mm and I don't have problem). When I make the idw in my BOM, in "QTY" the system indicate the dimension 7.87 in... there is a variable that i could add in my general chart? How I could solve this need?

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BrandonBG
in reply to: Anonymous

There are a couple ways to do this:

(1.) Go to STYLES EDITOR, Standard, bold style (active), General tab. Are your linear units inch or mm?

or

(2.) Create a parameter (mm) that is equal to the diameter (inches) and use it in the Parts List.

Brandon

Message 3 of 6
rjay75

In your pipe model on the ribbon pick Tools > Document Settings, on the Bill of Materials Tab change the Base Units to the units you want displayed on the Parts List in the drawing.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rjay75

The problem is that in Part List we have different unit. For example for valves I need to have PCS (number of pcs)... for pipes ore structures I need to have the length, so I think that this parameter I have to put in my "family table" when I customize the pipe.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: BrandonBG

Good morning,

2) I tryed to do this but the system doesn't allow me to select the new parameter to put in Part list. It indicate me always the length in "in"

Message 6 of 6
rjay75

Are you changing the qty parameter on the part itself?

Tried it with a normal part and an custom iPart and it worked for me. Do you have an example of a pipe part you can upload.

On the Bill Of Materials tab of the Document Settings in the part itself. Verify the desired parameter is selected. If you're seeing in now in the Parts List it may be selected already.

units1.PNG

In the Base Unit drop down select the desired units for display on a BOM.

units2.PNG

The Unit Quantity should be displayed in the desired units.

units3.PNG

Inside the Parts List.

units7.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report