Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Appearance in Configurator 360

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
599 Views, 3 Replies

Change Appearance in Configurator 360

Hi,

I'm having some difficulty to change the appearance of my model on Configurator 360. I'm using the syntax: "iProperties.Partcolor" in an iLogic rule in each part of my assembly to change it's color. It works very well on Inventor, but when I upload this Model to Configurator 360 and change the parameter "Color" it occurs an error (as shown in the picture below).  Error.JPG

Attached there is a sample assembly just as the one I'm testing and the error log from C360 about this issue. **Note that the folder attached contains a custom library, because I need to use this one.

On the other hand,  I tried to use the "Component.Color" function in an iLogic rule my assembly (removing rules with "iProperties.Partcolor" for each part). This method solves the previous glitch on C360 but the update is much slower and the colors are not shown in the proper color during pan/zoom/rotate.

Can anyone help me showing the best way to work with appearances on C360? Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
chandra.shekar.g
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous,

Actually, appearance of parts are updating from parameter of assembly. I am guessing that this could be one of the reason for slowness.

Create all appearances in Assembly document which are listed in below image.

Appearance.png

After creation of appearance, use below iLogic code to update colors of parts.

Parameter.UpdateAfterChange = True
Parameter("SKT:1", "HEIGHT")=HEIGHT
Parameter("SKT:1", "WIDTH") = WIDTH
Component.Color("PRF_ESQ:1") = COLOR & "_po"
Component.Color("PRF_DIR:1") = COLOR & "_po"
Component.Color("PRF_SUP:1") = COLOR & "_po"
Component.Color("PRF_INF:1") = COLOR & "_po" 

iLogicVb.UpdateWhenDone = True

Thanks and regards,

CHANDRA SHEKAR G
Developer Advocate
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: chandra.shekar.g

Ok, I created all appearances in Assembly document and I used the iLogic code indicated. The message error disappeared, but the delay to change color continues.

Attached is a video that I recorded on C360 demonstrating this delay and the incorrect color during pan/zoom/rotate. The right color only appear after Graphics updates.

Message 4 of 4
chandra.shekar.g
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous,

In Inventor customization forum, questions are answered related to Inventor API and iLogic.

Please post the same question at Configurator 360 forum using below link.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/configurator-360/ct-p/2041

Thanks and regards,

CHANDRA SHEKAR G
Developer Advocate
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report