Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't remove event handler from .ipt

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
meGVGMF
174 Views, 1 Reply

Can't remove event handler from .ipt

Hi

Here's something I've never seen before:

meGVGMF_0-1671550728055.png

When I try to remove an event handler from a part file and hit 'OK', I get this message, and the handler isn't removed.

I've tried removing it manually and programmatically, but both result in presumably the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Labels (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
meGVGMF
in reply to: meGVGMF

Oh I figured it out.

A coworker had inserted a content centre part as custom, and I thought it was one of ours. We've been adding event handlers to these somewhat blindly (with a script that manages the dialog for us, but the results of which we can't directly see), and so being able to see the event handler dialog I figured it was just a normal part that was broken, when really it was being protected from changes by Inventor.

Edit: Actually that didn't seem to be it. I tried reproducing the error and couldn't. It may simply have been the property set, or the file anyway, was corrupted, and wouldn't allow any changes. I simply deleted the generated content centre part file and placed it back in the assembly to regenerate it, and everything's fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report