Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bill of material list in .IAM

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Lupe_Stewart
565 Views, 3 Replies

bill of material list in .IAM

I know that i can change certain items when in the BOM in my IAM file.... I am wondering when I go to the "RUN TIME CUSTOMIZATION" If there is a way to make the "MATERIAL" or what ever "RUN TIME CUSTOMIZATION"  field be there all the time

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
WCrihfield
in reply to: Lupe_Stewart

What do you mean by "RUN TIME CUSTOMIZATION"?

Are you wanting there to always be a column in your BOM for Material?

You can customize the BOM's columns the way you want in your assembly Template file, then it will always be like that in all your new assemblies.  Then for older pre-existing assembly documents that you want to ensure have that column, you would likely want to find/create an external iLogic rule (or VBA macro) that you can run on them, that will create that column for you.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 4
Lupe_Stewart
in reply to: WCrihfield

Thanks for the reply.... when you are in you IAM file - Manage tab on the ribbon - then to Bill of materials icon - the BOM comes up and it has a description of all the parts that are being used, in the view that is shown... be inventor default I assume, there is Part Number.... thru Description..... when you right click up where those names are "RUN TIME COLUMN CUSTOMIZATION" is a selection and there are other names that you can add to the listing that is shown, I am wanting to have the selection, in this case is "Material" be there and not have to do it every time that I have a new IAM file.  Hopes this helps more on the question.

Message 4 of 4
A.Acheson
in reply to: Lupe_Stewart

As @WCrihfield  suggested go into the template file and modify the BOM fields as you need. Right click on the column header to get the standard list. Find the custom iproperty n the header if you want something custom. 
When your happy with the order and contents  of your empty model, structured or parts only BOM you can press export on the bottom of the BOM. This will export an XML file containing the formatting you just modified. Now go back into an existing assembly BOM and press import and this will  overwrite the current  format. Use with :warning:. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report