Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating "Item Qty" Updates in Autodesk Inventor Assembly Title Blocks Using iLogic

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jaimin.ja.3
139 Views, 1 Reply

Automating "Item Qty" Updates in Autodesk Inventor Assembly Title Blocks Using iLogic

Hello Autodesk Inventor Community,

I'm currently facing a challenge in my project. I have to manually input the "Item Qty" of individual parts because my assembly contains numerous parts, making it difficult to ensure accuracy in the title block data entry.

Similar to how other data like part number and description update automatically in the title block when drafting individual components, I also want the "Item Qty" to update automatically. The "Item Qty" data can be found in BOM > Parts Only > Item Qty.

I'm seeking an iLogic code solution that can copy the data of "Item Qty" from the Parts Only window of the BOM in the assembly and paste it into the component's custom properties. This way, before starting drafting, I can run this code to update the "Item Qty" in the parts, allowing me to place formulas to add custom properties in the title block.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @jaimin.ja.3 . There are already quite a few solutions to this problem. Here are some links: link , link , link , link .

Andrii Humeniuk - Leading design engineer

LinkedIn | My free Inventor Addin | My Repositories

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution/Like.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report