Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically deleting iMates tied to nonexistent features in iParts?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
351 Views, 3 Replies

Automatically deleting iMates tied to nonexistent features in iParts?

Hi,

My experience here is limited, so please bear with me. I'm currently attempting to use iParts to create a set of C-Channels of several lengths, with iMates automatically created for each side of each hole. 

s2siddhu_0-1588910410199.png

I approached this by making an iPart, with a "Length in holes" variable tied to a "split" command to automatically delete the cut excess of the C-Channel. I also made used my "Length in holes" variable to create a rectangular pattern of these features inside each hole and added iMates to each side like so.

s2siddhu_1-1588910577684.png

My problem arises when I attempt to generate these files, as when it tries to solve an iMate for a hole (and feature) that doesn't exist anymore, it fails to resolve. Is there any way I can get Inventor to delete a failed iMate automatically when it generates the part files, perhaps using iLogic? I have attached the file and here is another screenshot of the full part with iMate glyphs visible.

s2siddhu_2-1588911046006.png

Thanks for the help!

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
marcin_otręba
in reply to: Anonymous

hi,

imates can be driven via ipart table as well:

Sorry but i have polish version, but you can disable using ipart table.

marcin_otręba_0-1588934982383.png

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: marcin_otręba

Would I have to set every iMate to not compute for every size iPart? Is there a way I can make only iMates with certain numbers compute for each size? Thanks for your response!

Message 4 of 4
marcin_otręba
in reply to: Anonymous

you can start from this:

Dim ima As InsertiMateDefinition
For Each ima In ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.ComponentDefinition.iMateDefinitions
Try
a = ima.Entity
Catch
ima.Suppressed = True
End Try
Next

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report