Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Form to drive part dimensions - excel

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
chrisjspower
453 Views, 1 Reply

Assembly Form to drive part dimensions - excel

What I am trying to do currently may not be the correct, or easiest method. Or even possible for what I am trying to achieve.

I have an assembly with a form that is used to alter user parameters saved within an excel spread sheet.

The cells of this xls are both written to and read from.
The assembly form writes, and the parts read from it to obtain their dimensions.

It already works, except that it doesn't. The issue that I am having is that there appears to be no clear and consistent way to change the form and have the parts update.

This includes:
changing the form/opening the xls/confirming the parameter has changed/saving & closing/ re-running all rules - the result is no update or global update availability. I have tried this with the parts open and it sometimes updates but also sometimes wipes the xls cells of all data. there appears to be no pattern or consistent method.

I have even set triggers to run the rules when I save the assembly.

Ideally I would like to edit the dimensions of the components from a form in the assembly and have them update in the assembly. Is my perfect world unattainable? 😄

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
chrisjspower
in reply to: chrisjspower

iLogicVb.UpdateWhenDone = True

Adding this at the end of your rules should solve this issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report