Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly configuration using iLogic

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
303 Views, 1 Reply

Assembly configuration using iLogic

I have a structure that is shall be placed in a model a few different time but some plates have different configurations. How can I use iLogic to determine which configuration will appear. Let's say I want the "Up" configuration, a form will pop up to set the Up parameter to true and set the configuration of that plate to up. Up refers the the direction of a slot in the plate. If I set "Left" to true, the slot will dace the left. I can also use strings to set which parameter is being changed. How can I make this change the plate configuration when I drop the structure assembly into another assembly?

Thank you

Alex

Inventor 2019

Intel i7-8700k boosted to 5.0GHz

16gb 3200mHz

NVIDIA Quadro P2000

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Alex,

If I understood your requirement correctly, you will need multiple files to do that. The "Up" version needs to be one dataset, while the "Left" needs to be another dataset. Each dataset can share some if not all components. Inventor currently does not allow you to show "Up" and "Left" using one assembly.

Certainly if the difference in "Up" and "Left" is just component location, not geometry, you can use Positional Representation to do that.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report