Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apprentice and .idw Parts List

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
374 Views, 3 Replies

Apprentice and .idw Parts List

Hopefully someone can give me a definite answer with respect to the Apprentice Server. Currently, I am trying to extract data from Inventor using a macro in Excel. I have heard that, information contained in a Parts List in an .idw can NOT be exported using just the Apprentice Server. Is this correct? I have successfully started a full session of Inventor and extracted Parts List information that way.

The code I have using the Apprentice Server thus far is:
Sub Inventor()
Dim oApprentice As New ApprenticeServerComponent
Dim oDoc As ApprenticeServerDrawingDocument
Dim oPartsList As PartsList
Set oDoc = oApprentice.Open("C:\Temp\ABC.idw")
PartsList.Export "C:\Temp\InventorExport.xls", kMicrosoftExcel
End Sub

If the Apprentice Server does have the ability to export this data, I would greatly appreciate seeing the code that does this.
Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately, Apprentice does not support the parts list functionality. Sanjay- "Mrhault" wrote in message news:5208948.1105018773256.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hopefully someone can give me a definite answer with respect to the Apprentice Server. Currently, I am trying to extract data from Inventor using a macro in Excel. I have heard that, information contained in a Parts List in an .idw can NOT be exported using just the Apprentice Server. Is this correct? I have successfully started a full session of Inventor and extracted Parts List information that way. > > The code I have using the Apprentice Server thus far is: > Sub Inventor() > Dim oApprentice As New ApprenticeServerComponent > Dim oDoc As ApprenticeServerDrawingDocument > Dim oPartsList As PartsList > Set oDoc = oApprentice.Open("C:\Temp\ABC.idw") > PartsList.Export "C:\Temp\InventorExport.xls", kMicrosoftExcel > End Sub > > If the Apprentice Server does have the ability to export this data, I would greatly appreciate seeing the code that does this. > Thanks in advance.
Message 3 of 4
dennislong4676
in reply to: Anonymous

OK Apprentice Server does not have access to Parts List.

But there must be a workaround?

We can connect to Apprentice Drawing Document, is there a way to see what assembly and parts are referenced in the Apprentice drawing document?

If so, I have code to BOMExport of the Assembly or Parts referenced.

Thank you,

DJL

dlong@matrixpdm.com

Message 4 of 4

Found my answer:

dennislong4676_0-1666299543225.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report