Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add custom IF statement when BOM is created

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
michielXWZ7U
262 Views, 2 Replies

add custom IF statement when BOM is created

He guys,

I have a step file send to me which contains the same part names but different variations, for example step file named 'plate 1' which is alwatys 1 mm thick or 'plate 2' which is 3 mm thick.

my idea is to create something that when i make a BOM and the name of the part is:
'plate 1' it will set the thickness to 1

'plate 2' it wil set the thickness to 3

anyone has an idea how to add a 'if' statement or something similar to the BOM list.

with kind regards! M

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I think this is good question for the iLogic/API forum instead.

Anyhow, if you are trying to do this automatically, I would say you can read your file name:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/controling-a-parameter-from-filename-in-ilogic/td-p/53...
and save it as a custom iProperty, which can be then used to make a custom column of your custom Parts List (BOM list) in the drawing.
Message 3 of 3
SharkDesign
in reply to: michielXWZ7U

You could use I logic to measure the bounding box of each part, take the smallest number and enter that as the thickness. 

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report