Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to get entire data, not a specific element.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
yjun9911TMAVC
227 Views, 3 Replies

want to get entire data, not a specific element.

Hello,

I am conducting nonlinear compression analysis right now. I want to obtain stress-strain data for the entire object rather than specific points(elemet). So, I grouped the meshed object in the group items within the model tree. However, as shown in the attached picture, only the data results for elements 1 through 10 came out. I want to get data for the entire object (stress, strain) rather than specific points. What should I do?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: yjun9911TMAVC

Hi @yjun9911TMAVC 

If I understand correctly, you want to create a graph with 1946 curves on it? What use would that be? (I am not sure if "the entire object" means all 1946 elements or just a portion of the entire model.)

The XY Plot is limited to 10 items. (Probably because trying to plot more than that just creates a mess.) You either need to create multiple plots, 10 items at a time, or use a third-party tool to extract the data to a text file. See tip 56 in the PDF document attached to my forum post Suggested Reading - Tips and Tricks on the Inventor Nastran forum.

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 4
yjun9911TMAVC
in reply to: John_Holtz

thanks your response.

My question means that i want to get data about whole structure.

I am not interested in the strain or stress at a specific point as in the attached paper.

Rather, I want to obtain a curve of the overall maximum stress and maximum strain for each load.

For this, I have to select the whole data, not specific node or element.

Message 4 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: yjun9911TMAVC

Thanks for the new image. It does not change my answer. You either need to

• create N plots (graphing 10 locations at a time) in Inventor, copy each data set to Excel, and do whatever you are trying to graph in Excel,
  • or use FNO Reader to extract the data you want (max? sum? N different locations?) and create the graph in Excel.

The entire structure does not have a uniform strain of X% or a uniform stress. I do not know what they are graphing in the plot, but I would think they are graphing one node (or one element, or one location) versus the load and are choosing the one location that is maximum at some time. (Or one location that is "representative" of what they want to plot.)

It does not make sense to me to plot the stress versus strain from the location with the maximum result if the location with the maximum result is changing with time. You can do that, but I do not see how the results will be linear with load. (If a model is linear, the location of the maximum stress/strain will remain the same. The contour plots show the location of maximum if changing.)

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report