Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinforced Concrete Columns

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
387 Views, 3 Replies

Reinforced Concrete Columns

Hi All, 

I am trying to carry out an FEA on reinforced concrete columns on Autodesk Inventor Nastran 2025. My analysis consists of reinforced concrete columns. I have modelled each of my columns and have set my loads and constraints. However, when I run the analysis, it does not run as expected. The problem is that the steel and concrete are being treated as two separate components and don't work together (the steel rebars should strengthen the concrete).

Would anyone be able to help with this problem? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Dani
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: 21513367

Hi Dani,

1. Did you define bonded contact between the steel rebars and the concrete? See section 6 in the PDF document attached to my forum post Suggested Reading - Tips and Tricks on the Inventor Nastran forum.
  2. Did you make holes in the concrete for the rebars? (They cannot occupy the same volume! Plus, you need the surface of the hole in the concrete in order to select the faces that are in contact with the outside of the rebars.)
  3. Or if you did not create the rebars using solids, what element type are you using and how did you connect it to the concrete?

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 4
in reply to: John_Holtz

I made holes in the concrete for the rebars and constrained them to the concrete! But I’m not sure how to connect them so that they work together. I will have a look at the PDF and see if that helps,

Thank you!,

Dani

Message 4 of 4
in reply to: 21513367

Just a quick update, if anyone else has this same issue. Defining contact between the steel rebars and concrete solved my problem!

Thanks 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report