Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Linear, number of iterations, export of results

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
userP8ZHE
309 Views, 3 Replies

Non-Linear, number of iterations, export of results

Hello everyone.

got a question, please advise if you can.

doing non-linear (bi-linear) analysis. few different cases for vector of load application. same model, same meshing, same all environment, just changing vector.

number if iterations in "non-linear set up" is same as well.

one test (one angle) gives to me 10 increments.

another angle gives to me 230 increments.

another - 20 increments.

from my understanding it is about approximation and fitting in tolerances of "measurement results". is that correct? kinda "optimization".

if I am right, would that be possible to guide me where to read about this please?

then,

I got few data sets/measurements with "230 increments". great.

by now, I am just writing manually into my measurements XLS table for further calcs. if that is 10 increments - well, not perfect but still doable. but to right down 230 increments with 6-8 digits after comma is quite painful.

would that be possible to export results somehow to Excel?

can someone to guide on this or give a ref where to read about this?

and another then,

I see that increments counter is increasing but "load scale factor" is not always increasing, in set of "230 increments" it is moving up and down. consistent increase in begin of results and in the end of results. middle section of results - load scale factor is jumping.

what that could mean? I will sort them anyway by load scale factor, but, for my understanding, what does it mean? again, straight answer of ref to study will be very much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Labels (5)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: userP8ZHE

Hi @userP8ZHE 

It would be helpful to see what you have entered for the Nonlinear Setup. I suspect you have it setup like figure 1 in this article except you have set Intermediate Output to "All" instead of "On". See Understanding convergence in a Nastran nonlinear analysis. Convergence is about the results following the changing stiffness of the model. 

You can output results using the third-party app FNO Reader.

You may need to clarify what you mean by the load scale factor jumping around in the middle of the analysis. For example, where are you seeing this? (Maybe include a screenshot showing the value.) What is the load in the analysis? What did you enter in the Nonlinear Setup?

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 4
userP8ZHE
in reply to: John_Holtz

thanks for answer and links, I should read these...

yes, in set-up "all", not "on". 

in past, it was working ok.

for "jumping":

I did no save that calc, sorry, but I still will try to explain

userP8ZHE_0-1713170124553.png

increments "INCR" are increasing, it is counter.  ok.

LOAD is "load scale factor", should be increasing too. but, what I had, was for ex, INCR = 10, LOAD = 0.25. INCR = 11, LOAD = 0.12. INCR = 12, LOAD = 0.44. INCR = 13, LOAD = 0.3 and so on, so on...

Message 4 of 4
userP8ZHE
in reply to: John_Holtz

ok, I found some samples for "jumping"..

userP8ZHE_1-1713176693923.png

userP8ZHE_2-1713176728828.png

userP8ZHE_3-1713176791304.pnguserP8ZHE_4-1713176822785.png

userP8ZHE_5-1713176854051.pnguserP8ZHE_6-1713177092154.png

userP8ZHE_7-1713177146741.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report