Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Axial Fatigue Analysis - What is Dynamic Area results?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jthomas2SNH8G
364 Views, 3 Replies

Multi-Axial Fatigue Analysis - What is Dynamic Area results?

Running a Multi Axial Fatigue Analysis.

I see this "Dynamic Area=3" section in the results after I run successfully.

What does that refer to ?

jthomas2SNH8G_0-1663612792754.png

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: jthomas2SNH8G

Fatigue uses the method of linear superposition: the stress (or displacement, etc) due to multiple loads with different load curve multipliers is the sum of the result due to each load individually.

You have two loads: gravity and a force. The results under the Subcase 1 result branch is due to one of the loads. The results under the subcase DYNAMIC AREA = 3 result branch is due to the other other load. If you had more loads, there would be more "dynamic areas" added to the results. Note that the results are not based on the load curve; the results are based on 100% of the load.

The Fatigue Results branch gives the fatigue results due to the the loads combined per the load curves. The combined stress (and displacement, etc.) result due to the load curve cycles is not given anywhere.

For reference, the attachment to this article includes a PDF that details many aspects of the Multi-axial fatigue calculation. Autodesk Inventor Nastran 2022 Help | How to understand Fatigue analysis in Nastran | Autodesk (edited reply to add link.)

John 

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 4
jthomas2SNH8G
in reply to: John_Holtz

@John_Holtz 

Thank you for clarifying that.

For reference, the attachment to this article includes a PDF that details many aspects of the Multi-axial fatigue calculation. - Were you going to attach a link or PDF with that response?

Message 4 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: jthomas2SNH8G

Oops. I did forget to add the link! Autodesk Inventor Nastran 2022 Help | How to understand Fatigue analysis in Nastran | Autodesk

(I will add it to my original post, if it will let me edit it.)

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report