Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modelling round ring mesh

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MR.VIJITH2802
338 Views, 2 Replies

Modelling round ring mesh

Hi

How does one model a steel round ring mesh, that used for fence construction. I need to analyse a fence made of steel round rings attached angles on four sides. I am attaching picture of the steel round ring mesh.

steel round ring mesh.jpeg

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: MR.VIJITH2802

Hi @MR.VIJITH2802 

The question is why do you want to include the round ring mesh in the analysis?

• Is it just to get the weight that is on the frame work? You don't care about the results in the round ring mesh. Use a surface to create shell elements. Enter the appropriate stiffness (weak, I would think) and density to give the weight of the round ring mesh. 
  • For something else where the results in the round ring mesh are important? Good luck with that. You need the to know the stiffness of the round ring mesh which the fabricator should know but probably does not know. You may need to hire a company to get the properties to use in an analysis. (Most likely analyzed as a shell with appropriate properties to duplicate the behavior of round ring mesh - whatever the behavior is.)

Those are my thoughts. What are the chances a reader has experience with round ring mesh?

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
MR.VIJITH2802
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi John

Thank you.

Vijith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report