Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshing failed

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
fabian.scholz
1276 Views, 4 Replies

Meshing failed

Hello,

I have created a easy testmodel. But the mesh generator is not able to mesh it.

Question 1: Is there no analysis tool to show why the part not meshable? Or highlighting of some zones? Any hint is shown somewhere?

Question 2:  I have created the part in Inventor (*.ipt) -> IN-CAD is not able to mesh it

I have exported the part as step-file and then imported it again into Inventor -> IN-CAD is now able to mesh it

The two different files were attached.

Thank you for your help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @fabian.scholz,

Which version of the software are you running? I'm using Nastran In-CAD 2017 with Hotfix 1 and I was able to open the model with no problems.

Regards,

Andrew

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 3 of 5

Hi Andrew,

I work with the latest version, that's not seem to be the problem
I have closed inventor and done a reboot, and restarted the project, and now it works.... strange

But back to my first question:

Is there generally no analysis tool to show why a part could not be meshed? Or a way to highlight the difficult zones?

Best,

Message 4 of 5

Hi Fabian,

Currently, there are no diagnostic tools to tell you where the mesh problem area may be in Nastran In-CAD. If a part is having a hard time volume meshing, sometimes I will change the idealization to shells to get an idea of what the surface mesh looks like. If you notice one part from an assembly is failing, then its usually best to open that part on it's own and find settings that work for it. Because the global mesh settings are set by the bounding box of the assembly, these may not be available for individual parts if the size is much less relative to the assembly.

Regards,

Andrew

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 5 of 5
Ledford
in reply to: fabian.scholz

The trick of exporting as a step and reimporting it again work for my part that was not meshing.

I would very much like some tools to diagnose the meshing failures as well. 

Trying them as shells is an interesting workaround I will be trying in the future. 

Thank you,

Noah

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report