Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA on a threaded hollow pipe

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lkirit2000
276 Views, 2 Replies

FEA on a threaded hollow pipe

Hi 

I am working on a FEA of a externally threaded pipe. PLease see the attached image. I have tried with solid elements. It takes a long time to meshing.

Load is applied vertical axial direction ?

Is this approach is correct or any other approach is available?

Thanks 

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lkirit2000
in reply to: lkirit2000

Hi Team,

Please can you  reponse to my query.

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: lkirit2000

Hi @lkirit2000 

"It takes a long time to meshing."

• What is a long time? 10 seconds? 10 minutes? 10 hours?
  • What mesh size are you using? Does changing the mesh size help?
  • I suggest that you use the YZ Plane to split all of the surfaces of the model. When you do that, the mesh is fast. (I think the meshing has issues when the surface area is very large. By splitting all of the faces, the meshing has smaller regions to work with.)

"Load is applied vertical axial direction ?

Is this approach is correct or any other approach is available?"

• What are you trying to simulate? No one can say that it is correct or not when we do not know what the real situation is that you are trying duplicate. 
  • Your load does not makes sense to me. The force is applied to the top of the tube and to one edge of the entire thread along the 650 mm long tube. How do you do that in real life?
  • What are you trying to calculate? What result do you want from the analysis? For example, is the stress too high? Will it buckle? Will it get too hot? What???

"Please see the attached image."

• There was no image attached. The model was attached, but that does not explain what you are trying to simulate. It only shows us the component that you are trying to analyze. 

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report