Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explicit dynamics contacts definition

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
PeterHintze.2195
769 Views, 3 Replies

Explicit dynamics contacts definition

Hi everybody,

i'm dealing with an explicit dynamic simulation of a steel structure. After defining the contacts between all the parts of the assembly as a solver welded contacts, I still see some of them performing rigid body motion in the solution animation. Could you advise me please how to get all the parts fixed to each other as one solid structure?

P.S. If it is possible, I'd like to have a support from Mr. John Holtz...

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi @PeterHintze.2195 

Thanks for reporting this. I created a test assembly model with the solver contact and the contact ...... did not work. I could not see anything obviously wrong in my setup, so I have sent the model to QA and the developers to see what needs to be done.

Some temporary solutions would be:

• combine any parts together that can be combined so that contact is not required.
  • use manual contact.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 4

Hi Mr. Holtz,

thank you for your fast answer to my previous question! Now I have a question about linear static report. Our engineering office deal a lot with different kinds of static simualtions. It is very important for us that our client recieves complete information about our computation in Nastran in a proper report. However there are a lot of things that need to be corrected/improved. I talked with Mr. Kasperek in April-May 2020 and explained the issue in detail (Case#: 16224106). Is it possible that we see some positive improvements in the report quality at least in the 2021 version?

With best regards,

Peter Hintze

Message 4 of 4

Hello Mr. Holtz,

I have tried your second proposal with the automatic + manual contacts, but still have got the same rigid body motion of the parts. The first one is too complex to perform: there are around 200 parts in my assembly! I would really appreciate if there will be some solution to this issue! Thank you!

With best regards

Peter Hintze

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report