Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different simulation results in Nastran in CAD and Inventor stress analysis

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
kynykuko
854 Views, 10 Replies

Different simulation results in Nastran in CAD and Inventor stress analysis

I don't understand why but they are both uniform pressure analysis, but they give 2 different r results in Stress analysis and Inventor Nastran. Pic 1.1 ( Inventor Nastran ), Pic 2.1 ( stress Analysis ).
Hope everyone answers!

Labels (1)
  • Q&A
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
gusi_cl
in reply to: kynykuko

Hi, this occurs to me sometimes, and I don't understand why....

I'll look to find a sample and I'll post it ASAP.

Message 3 of 11
Roelof.Feijen

Hello @kynykuko ,

Please attach your model to this post. That will make it easier for us to investigate.

Roelof Feijen

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
Message 4 of 11
kynykuko
in reply to: gusi_cl

Do you use Ansys Workbench ? 

Message 5 of 11
kynykuko
in reply to: Roelof.Feijen

I have attached the file, hope you can help me. Thanks!

Message 6 of 11
Roelof.Feijen

Hello @kynykuko ,

I have to guess about your analysis setup, because the part is empty.

Based on the pictures in your initial post, the displacement results in Inventor Nastran, I guess you are using Generic as a material type, or the material properties are incorrect.

Second: I create an analysis setup with your model. The results, displacement shape, look more or less the same.

2021-05-28 08_02_25-Autodesk Inventor Professional 2020.png2021-05-28 08_05_40-Autodesk Inventor Professional 2020.png

When comparing Inventor Stress Analysis with Inventor Nastran, make sure that you are using more or less the same mesh size.  I have attached my model with analysis setup to this post. Hope this helps.

Roelof Feijen

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
Message 7 of 11
kynykuko

Wow, thank you for your help!!
  Why can you do that? I tried downloading the gate1GFN.ipt file you sent me, but when I open it with Nastra it shows me a window message like this 

kynykuko_0-1622429393532.png

I recalibrated the material, but the results in Nastran remain unchanged. If you don't mind, can you take a picture of your analysis setup for me? I am most grateful!

Message 8 of 11
Roelof.Feijen

Hello @kynykuko ,

I think you are not running the latest update on Inventor Nastran.

Please try to update to 2020.2. Instructions can be found here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-nastran-forum/inventor-nastran-2020-2-list-of-changes/td-p/9...

Roelof Feijen

Message 9 of 11
kynykuko

You’re the greatest, thank you!
 And I still have a problem. can you guide me to calculate the simulation according to hydrostatic pressure ? 😅 

kynykuko_0-1622519547544.png

I don't understand the settings in this table clearly!!
Thank you again! 

Message 10 of 11
Roelof.Feijen

Hi @kynykuko ,

The table is part of a variable load definition. Variable load definition is not available for/applicable to a hydrostatic load, because it creates its own variable load definition.

Roelof Feijen

Message 11 of 11
kynykuko

Thank you! 😁

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report