Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining node numbers in a connection area?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
roman.gebhard5MV47
241 Views, 2 Replies

Determining node numbers in a connection area?

Hello,

is there any posibility to get all the node numbers in that connection area of these two parts?

romangebhard5MV47_0-1675427646660.png

I cant find a way to get them. 

I cant have a look only on the inner area to determine alle the node numbers..?

Would be very thankful if you could help me.

@John_Holtz 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @roman.gebhard5MV47 

You should clarify why you want the nodes numbers in a certain area. There may be a better answer to that question than answering the question about how to get the node numbers in a certain area. In other words, once you get the node numbers, what are you going to do with that information?

Depending on what the "area" is, here are some methods. All of them use the Nastran file (.nas) to get the node numbers.

• If the nodes are associated with a contact face, they are listed in the BSSEG cards in the Nastran file. (Note there is a separate list for the primary face and secondary face. If totaling the contact force, you only want the nodes from one of the faces.)
  • If the nodes are along edges, add a dummy force to the edges. The ID number of the force (shown on the load dialog) corresponds to the property ID of the FORCE cards in the Nastran file.
  • If the nodes are on a face, add a temperature load. The TEMP cards in the Nastran file will give the node number.
  • If the nodes are in a part, the part can be put on a unique Idealization, and the connectivity cards (CTETRA for solid elements, CTRIA3/6 and CQUAD4/8 for shell) can be extracted from the Nastran file based on the property ID.
  • If the nodes can be located by coordinates (such as every node within a sphere centered on X,Y,Z, or on the surface of a cylinder with an axis along Vx,Vy,Vz, the coordinates can be extracted from the GRID cards and sorted in Excel.

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3

The contact area is a face.

The Task is to get the total contact forces and also the moments in each direction.

So i have to know the coordinates of each node and their forces to calculate with a small tool in excel for example

the resulting moment of a certain coordinate point. 

The best way is probably:

1.) Using your .fno reader

2.) search the right bsseg card number

3.) for every node their coordinates and their forces

4.) define a local coordinate system and calculate the resulting moment

I determine those "reactions forces" with the real bearing stiffness in Nastran.

And after that i use them in a interface of another program for further calculations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report