Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Min and Max based only on the selected parts on Part view

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mar.wen
405 Views, 4 Replies

Data Min and Max based only on the selected parts on Part view

I want to focus only on the result of one part of the assembly. All of the parts of the assembly are included in the analysis but I want to isolate that one part for Result documentation. I know I can do "part view" and select only that part but my concern is the values of the result. I want the result values to focus only on that part for visual purposes. Thank you for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
John_Holtz
in reply to: mar.wen

Hi @mar.wen 

You need to set the range manually when you limit which parts are visible. I use the values shown by the Min and Max markers to set the range.

specify min max.png

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 5
mar.wen
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi @John_Holtz ,

Thank you for your reply. I am already aware of this feature so I thought to ask if there is an "automatic" way.

I will just use this feature, then.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
magnusn
in reply to: mar.wen

I'm experiencing the same problem as the OP, plus that the once manually set values very easily jump back to the original ones when changing something in the results view in question (at least if adding or removing a part), despite the check box still being ticked. That is rather frustrating and probably a bug.

I'm dealing with structures containing both thermoplastics and steel, and since the stress levels and allowable stress levels between the materials are completely different, it's crucial to consider the stresses in both materials separately. There is absolutely no point in lumping everything into the same view (except for deformation values). I think it wouldn't be too hard to stress level result views for each material in the analysis automatically generated. It is often a rather cumbersome process to set up these manually in analyses containing a larger number of parts, especially as you also need to alter the min/max legend values. At the very least, they should be automatically set according to the visible view min/max values.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Message 5 of 5
mar.wen
in reply to: magnusn

On my end, unfortunately, I don't know if there is progress on this feature. Hopefully, it was considered already. There is a separate forum for features request, you may also check if there is a post about that so you can add your concern there. Sorry, I could not help you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report