Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always delete model tree idealizations?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
chad.schmidt
142 Views, 2 Replies

Always delete model tree idealizations?

I'm working through the self paced training and it keeps wanting me to delete the idealizations in the model tree.  If I remove these idealizations in the Analysis tree won't this override anything setup in the model tree?  I keep struggling with the concept of the model tree and Analysis tree.  Is there some help somewhere that explains how these "trees" interact with each other?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: chad.schmidt

Hi @chad.schmidt 

Can you clarify what you mean by "it keeps wanting me to delete the idealizations in the model tree"? What steps are you doing and what specifically is the message?

Tips 33 and 36 in the PDF document attached to my forum post Suggested Reading - Tips and Tricks on the Inventor Nastran forum gives some details about the "Model" branch versus the "Analysis" branch of the Nastran Model Tree. Basically, keep the "Model" branch collapsed and do not do anything in it -- unless you have a good reason to do something in the Model branch.

P.S. You should review the 58 other tips also. 🙂

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
chad.schmidt
in reply to: John_Holtz

I didn't realize the model tree acts as a global modifier for all analysis and is persistent.  I thought it was used as a template for all analysis.  Tip 36 helps explain this. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report