Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilus 30 Simulation / Enter Custom Material with Hardness

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nishan.japahuge
440 Views, 5 Replies

Agilus 30 Simulation / Enter Custom Material with Hardness

Hi,

I'm trying to perform linear stress analysis on Agilus 30. Is there any way that  I can enter hardness value to inventor custom material?

Thanks

Nishan

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

You can create new materials in the material editor, edit existing ones, or duplicate those you already have saved to your document:

Gabriel_Watson_2-1687328927995.png

https://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-6F090B0A-F28C-4165-A4D2-63C89D086B81

Message 3 of 6

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, you have not paid attention to details. I specifically want to add shore hardness value to the custom material. I don't see any way to do that. 

Message 5 of 6

I think you came to the wrong forum.
Try the Inventor Nastran forum for other types of simulation:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-nastran-forum/tool-punch-on-material/td-p/10566397

I have shown you how Inventor does not take shore hardness as an input, now it is up to you how to use that information.
Message 6 of 6

Hi @nishan.japahuge 

What simulation software are you using?

Most simulation software does not use the hardness value. Basically, you need to determine how the hardness has any effect on the linear stress simulation, most likely convert the hardness value to a material property that is used in a linear stress simulation (if that even exists), and enter the converted value into the material properties.

Note that Inventor Nastran has its own material input dialogs, so it is not strictly necessary to enter all the material properties in the Inventor material dialogs. In fact, there are many material properties for simulation that cannot be entered in the Inventor material library.

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report