Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating multiple parts with excel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
berry.lejeune
747 Views, 3 Replies

Creating multiple parts with excel

Hi all,

First a little background. I'm working at a company where we make gravestones and I'm making the drawings for all our orders. I've made already several iLogics to make the workflow a bit easier.

Now my question is: Can I make an excel file where I enter all the data from all the seperate stones that combine into a gravestone, and then run this file so all the separate stones are made and I can make my assembly and drawing.

I know you can make an excel file with data in, and this data is then put into the sketch and that way you can drive the model via the excel sheet.  But can you also enter a bunch of data for different unrelated parts?

Attached is an order what I get and from here on I make all the different parts.

Screenshot_69.png

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
A.Acheson
in reply to: berry.lejeune

Reading from excel your options are endless. This will come down to what assembly/ drawing workflow you are currently using. If you were to use the make components workflow you could have all the parameters in the master part file and then push the solids out into an assembly file creating each solid as an ipt file. 

Alternatively control each ipt file independently using look up from excel

What workflow do you currently use? 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 3 of 4
berry.lejeune
in reply to: A.Acheson

I have one template of an ipt. Here's an iLogic in that gives me a form where I enter all the details in for the part.

I do not intend to make an automatic assembly from these parts, because nearly every assembly is differnet. If I could enter all the details from an order in an excel and let that excel file run over my ipt template and then it would give me all separate ipt's in a designated folder. This is my ideal scenario.

Screenshot_72.png

Message 4 of 4
A.Acheson
in reply to: berry.lejeune

So I think the workflow you would like is open the template file and run a rule that will import parameters and iproperties. Then do a save as new file name.

I would think it might be easier set this up as an external rule this way it is kept out of the files and you have one code to update and change as you progress your project.

Excel Import:

You can also use the ilogic snippets here if you simply want to look up values
Create the parameters first and let the parameters = your excel value as below. This sample is for a multi value text parameter. Here is a link to a similar request

Parameter(“PartNumber”) = GoExcel.CellValues("EXCEL PATH.xlsx", "Sheet1", "B2", "B10")
d0 = InputListBox("Prompt", List, d0, Title := "Title", ListName := "List")

AAcheson_0-1639669001999.png

AAcheson_1-1639669002046.png

Once your comfortable working with the excel portion we can do the part creation. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report