Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametrically editable frame generator notch

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
gantonov
236 Views, 0 Replies

Parametrically editable frame generator notch

Hello everybody,

I am recently using frame generator notch command quite often and I found out something interesting. Sometimes I need to slightly change the radius of a profile. For example, by standard the radius is 2.25 mm, but for some reasons the guys in production have is with radius 1.75 or 2.00 mm. That is not a big difference, but when you want to achieve perfect fit between the profiles and you are using laser cutting machines, it is an issue! For some more complex joints and fits (and/or bigger radii) that even turns the game from perfect fit to scrap. I prefer to do the slight changes in the profile section directly in the parametric table to save time and efforts to create personal profile and so on. But, if I change the radius of the profile in the parametric table, the notch does not update automatically. I have to delete it and create it again instead, which is a waste of time. You can see that step by step on the pictures:

1. Example model1. Example model

2. The notch2. The notch

3. Standard profile parameters3. Standard profile parameters

4. Changing standard parameters4. Changing standard parameters

5. The notch does not update5. The notch does not update

6. Resulting in a collision in the joint, wasted time for grinding or even wasted material (profiles), new modeling, angry customers and so on :)6. Resulting in a collision in the joint, wasted time for grinding or even wasted material (profiles), new modeling, angry customers and so on 🙂

It could be useful if the notch updates automatically.

Best regards,

Georgi Antonov

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report