Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Representation Tube & Pipe Elbows Disappear When Route Edited

View Representation Tube & Pipe Elbows Disappear When Route Edited

When a tube and pipe route is edited, for whatever reason Inventor replaces elbows in the route instead of reusing them. This will cause view representations to lose the elbows and their balloons. To fix it you have to unlock and edit the view rep and then re-balloon on the idw. Please make it so that Inventor re-uses the elbows in routes instead of replacing them. This causes allot of extra work.

SP

3 Comments
Payne_S
Enthusiast
A.Acheson
Mentor

Hi @Payne_S 

This seems to be a consistent issue. I reported a similar issue Here with all view reps open objects controlled by the route failed to repopulate. Reported on Inventor 2020. Sadly I am seeing the same issues in 2022 even with the continuous object visibility. And now your seeing it in 2023. It seems more like a bug than missing functionality. Maybe you might  be able to  post your video on that post or create a new one showing the issues and we might be able to get this solved. 

Payne_S
Enthusiast

This has been happening since I started working with Inventor in 2012. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report