Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Representation in Parts - Changing appearance of faces for 3D PDF export

View Representation in Parts - Changing appearance of faces for 3D PDF export

We are looking into getting rid of 2D drawings and therefore looking at MBD options.

One important 2D drawing we currently create is what tools are used when machining certain profiles on the CNC lathe for our operators.

I'm looking for a way to create a View presentation of the 3D model where I can show what faces are machined with what tool.

I can do that by coloring the face for a certain tool a certain color..  let's say some faces are turned with tool 12.

I can color those faces red and add a 3D annotation for that view presentation that tool 12 is used on those faces.

We also have GD&T info in the 3D model and want to use that later in our CMM software to generate measuring programs.

All the view representations get exported to a 3D pdf.

However..

The appearance of faces is not saves per view representation..  making this a no go if we want to also include tool information with color per faces in a view presentation that also get's exported in the 3D pdf as a alternate view.

I don't want all views in the MBD to have the colored faces..  only the view presentation relevant for the operators with the tool information.

So consider this a feature request if this is not possible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report