Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpdate Inventor Studio - (Like Showcase?)

Unpdate Inventor Studio - (Like Showcase?)

Please update Inventor Studio enviroment.

It's the poorest module in Inventor at the moment.

It would be great to do the things that we used to do in Showcase (same things, same quality, same speed, same facility) in Inventor.

It would be great to create high quality renderings in Inventor in a short time and with simple settings.

It would be great to create movies and animation, in realisting high quality, in a short time with very simple settings.

We need an intuituve way to create animation, like Showcase did.

It would be great work in a a real time rendering enviroment.

It would be great to animate constraint easily.

It would have been great to dismiss Inventor Studio instead Showcase

alternatives.jpg6a00d83451bbe269e201a73e0af702970d.jpg

7 Comments
dgorsman
Consultant

I too would like an "easy" button.  But AAA-movie quality output at a click isn't very realistic.

Inventor can do pretty good for presentation work but ultimately there is going to be an upper limit on what's practical.  In order to get the higher quality output you need to invest in learning the proper tools, which will allow you to do a LOT more than what you could ever do in Inventor.  It's not that much work - look at what's been done in the Friday picture threads.  And the resources spent on getting Inventor to that point will not be available for the core purpose of the program either.

admaiora
Mentor

I am aware of what Inventor Studio can do or can't do.

I don't want an easy button.

As a company I can invest x time in learning for Inventor Studio and y time to set to job and a z time to wait the job processing.

The real problem is that there is not a profitable balance for that time (x+y+z) and the results. At all.

I can state that especially comparing:

- how dated is the core of Inventor Studio

- how avanced and easiest are competitors similar modules

Moreover, as I said, I don'twant an easy button, I'd be happy with something like Showcase (and Showcase is not developed since 2014..):

- superquick intuitive  learning curve (4 or 5 h)

- real time rendering

- superquick time rendering for movies/animation + very good quality (my clients can create a 12 min animation from scratch, high quality, good materials, with moving parts, and fancy effects (moving sections, moving textures, etc, in 1,5 /2 h of work)

Can I do that in Inventor Studio?

No.

90% of people I meet, are unhappy of Inventor Studio and they use it because they have no choice.

Big effort, great amount of time invested >> poor results

Manufacturing companies that want to create some cool animation, what should they use?

Inventor Studio? Nope

Fusion360? Nope

3dsMax? Too complex too expensive

VRed? To complex and too specific

Maya? Too complex too expensive

Stingray? Retired

Showcase? Retired

Naviswork? Maybe, not great quality/not istantly simple use

ic198
Advocate

Definitely please improve Inventor Studio, but please don't make it like Showcase, which I found hard work for setting up lighting environments etc. I use Flamingo nXt in Rhino when I want reasonable renderings to show customers and it does exactly what I want, quickly and easily

- nXt has a 'sun' light- you specify location and time of day and it figures out the rest. Looks really good, takes no time.

- nXt has a ground plane that can be realistic reflective water.

This rendering isn't the best but it is good enough for what we need. Most importantly, it takes very little time to set up (and most of that was exporting from Inventor into Rhino). I would love to be able to dump that step and get similar results within Inventor.

R1.jpg

heavy69
Contributor

YES !

Autodesk should improve the studio module.

It´s a big point in my opinion, because:

More and more our marketing people ask for "nice" pictures or animations.

We in the construction have the models. How easy it could be to make good shots of our models for presentations, Flyers and so on.

Well. It´s nice to have 3dsMAX in the Software package, but for me as an constructor it´s not so easy to work with. I don´t have the time to learn to handle this "monster".....

Showcase was a really good solution to create good pictures.

Sometimes it´s really confusing to understand Autodesk´s political decisions.....

The_Test
Advocate

I do I agree, Inventor Studio it's the poorest module in Inventor. I have never been able to get a render out of Inventor that I feel happy with, I use Keyshot allays instead, Inventor studio needs to upgrade the rendering engine or something but is not good enough, and I dont want to use render cloud, such as fusion 360 or neither Vred which is to complex.

quinn
Contributor

I agree,

Inventor Studio really is seriously behind,

It takes me a long time to setup and render things to an acceptable level.

You can get good renders but its Time/Effort/Quality is not justifiable.

I could just Drop the model in Showcase and the hardware rendering alone normally looked better than several passes through rendering in Inventor studio.

Even Fusion 360s rendering knocks Inventor studio flat.

This is a Major flaw for a lot of people I have spoken with,

If this is addressed, It would really help position Inventor in front of other design packages.

I feel the same as posts above in regards to the alternative packages though I don't think we should need them unless we need Near or True photorealism.

3dsMax - Its is part of the collections though Way to Complex and time consuming for your average user.

VRED - Not Included in Collections, expensive and another program to learn though it is easier than 3dsMax and great quality.

Fusion 360 - Why bother using Inventor if you going to have to import your models to another package that kills the intelligence and is time consuming if you go this route, although this is part of the collections so it may be an alternative but the smaller boost in quality vs time and effort spent may not be worth it.

bespel
Advocate

We didn't use Showcase.

But I would like something easy like this (Solidworks) with great quality too.

Or like keyshot!

Please!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report