Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Inline Form Filling

Title Block Inline Form Filling

(The title of this post might be sketchy as I don't know the actual word and English not my first language is.) 

I have got this idea where Inventor could get rid off the 'Edit Property Fields' dialog when wanting to edit the text values of Property Fields in a title block. In other words, add the option to directly edit the values without having to open a screen to edit them.

A nice feature would be the text value box appearing when hovering your mouse cursor over its area. By doing so you could select the text box and fill it just like you usually do with the 'Edit Propert Fields' dialog.  

2 Comments
david.wartaJA24W
Advocate

A quick question:

Are those values iproperties? Model iproperties and/or drawing iproperties.

And an additional idea:

Maybe having a configurable dockable window with iproperties from model and drawing which opens when dubbel clicking the Title Block would also be nice.

The workflow in inventor for iproperty edits can be improved.

mguman
Advocate

Hi @david.wartaJA24W

To answer your question, these values are not any of the iProperties but rather 'Prompted Entries'. They're values the user can adjust however they wish. 

Since we've already got a bunch of general tabs such as Model, iLogic and iLogic Log, adding the iProperties as a dockable window/tab wouldn't just definitely improve the workflow but also enhance the user experience by keeping the interaction within a single view. The same goes for opening the Title Block when double clicking it to adjust its values. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report