Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slice Graphics - Update

Slice Graphics - Update

The slice graphic uses a default slice texture. It's looks like concrete. Sometimes it's also easy to use the software Snagit for a quick screen cut to show specific details. The existing standard texture is blurry. It should be easy to choice different hatches to improve quick presentation pictures. I have seen somewhere how to change the section texture but it should be done in an easy way by drop menus.

I have added this idea for a couple of months ago but it was not possible to update the text inside the idea.

IV-Idea1.jpg

IV-Idea2.jpg

IV-Idea3.jpg

27 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

The ability to change the cross section texture when using slice graphic on sketch mode in Inventor 2019. By default, it is shown as a grainy concrete texture, how I would like to change this another texture or colour.

There were a few suggestion I came across to edit the registry key, however the required registry key is not available on Inventor 2019.

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Hatch Section View in 3D as the Fusion

image.png

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Inventor Possibility of change-in this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NOqqHllpD0&t=2s

ChrisMitchell01
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

That workaround is good but only applies upto Inventor 2018; it no longer woks in 2019.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with StevEn. Slice is not visible. You can compare with slice in Creo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with StevEn. Slice is not visible. You can compare with Creo.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2019.2.  A custom image can be specified from within the Application Options > Colors tab, by setting the Section Capping Plane Texture to "Bitmap Image".  Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report