Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplify in the cloud

Simplify in the cloud

Please create a function where I can ofload my simplify command to a cloud server.

With large assemblies it sometimes takes over two days to execute a simplify, often
then resulting with Inventor crashing.
I would love to pay a reasonable amount cloud credits or tokens to have this done
in the cloud.
It will allow me to continue working while my simplification is being generated.

8 Comments
kirti.bhatt
Explorer

Excellent Lune,
Much needed specially working with complex large assemblies.

Strongly support on this Idea.

lune.riezebos
Enthusiast

Thank you

ewoudvanduijn
Contributor

Hey Lune, interesting idea! Just out of curiosity, at how many components would you consider an assembly to be 'large'? And what would you see as reasonable when the command fails on the cloud after a day or two?

lune.riezebos
Enthusiast

Hi Ewoud,

I guess traditionally I would consider 1000+ assemblies large assemblies.

But at our organisation we do handle much larger assemblies.

ewoudvanduijn
Contributor

We're at about 2000 unique / 13.000 total components. Inventor performance has improved massively over the last few years so they definitely are developing in this area. Anyway, I think it is a great suggestion.

paresh_plant3d
Community Visitor

Lune,

you are right, we need something that makes it simple solution for us then such a complex working and time-consuming method.

ambrose
Advocate

I would prefer that any effort be put into improving the simplification algorithm to speed up local processing. I really don't like the cloud as an answer.

lune.riezebos
Enthusiast

@Anonymous

I Agree, however... If Autodesk has to create a cloud sollution, would they not also have the issues
we are dealing with?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report