Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separators in the browser

Separators in the browser

Sometimes I make very complex models with a long design history. This makes scrolling through the story very tedious.

Some time ago I asked for the ability to dock key browser elements (see the comment with the video under this post):

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/docking-the-main-parts-of-the-browser/idi-p/11683473

This time I want to suggest the possibility of adding separators in the model history. Such a separator would have two functions:

1. Separation of individual modeling phases. Typically, entire sets of commands apply to a specific modeling stage (or solid). This would make it easier to find the right operations when you need to edit.
  2. Minimizing a set of operations. Such a separator should allow the operations contained under it to be collapsed (hidden).

3 Comments

You could also use the derive methods to separate things from each other.

Maybe it will also be a good idea to add folder structures like they are available within the Assembly Document.

@bradeneuropeArthur  yes, it makes data management easier downstream, but not in the concept modeling phase. Sometimes I have to make really "long" models that require changes on the fly.

Absolutely true that it makes things not easier when derive is used, solving a problem.

I like to keep things simple and out of the box as much as possible without using to much of levels and references.

But that is more of a different topic, isn't it?

I am sure that many votes will follow....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report