Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection Filter for Individual Weld Beads

Selection Filter for Individual Weld Beads

It would be great if we could have a selection filter for individual weld beads in a weldment assembly when using Shift +RMB in the main window. We could call it something like: "Weld Bead Priority"

We could then RMB on any individual weld bead to Edit the feature, instead of having to go over to the design tree and look for the weld bead in the "Beads" folder. This would save a lot of time, especially when dealing with Weldments containing ~30+ weld beads, such as in the screenshot attached. 

Thanks

Annotation 2020-07-03 124013.jpg

2 Comments
mikeh4
Collaborator

@hubert.baissac 

Although not Obvious you can by using "Feature Priority".  There is a bit of a quirk, sometimes if there's geometry inline with your cursor when trying to LMB, it's tough to get the weld to select.  In those instances you may have to rotate your view a bit to try to get the weld as the only geometry where you try to LMB.  I don't believe it gives you the select other option.

What I would like to see is when we go into the weld environment that it automatically changes the selection set to "Feature Priority" then when you go back out of the weld environment it switches back to what the Selection option was, or back to Component priority.

hubert.baissac
Participant

@mikeh4 

Thank you for that. Yes, it is a bit finicky, and I remember trying it without any success before, hence my post. But you are right, if you rotate the view a bit, it sometimes lands on the weld you want to select. I tried the "select other" option and it does actually work.

I'll leave the post on here anyway as it would still be useful to have a "weld bead Priority" selection filter, where all other features are ignored by the cursor. 

Your automatic switching idea is great too, I would love to see that, even if it's just for "Feature Priority" for the time being. 

Thanks again for your workaround, it'll save me some time for now. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report