Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The assembly cannot be solved." dialog box pops up after fixing a constraint.

"The assembly cannot be solved." dialog box pops up after fixing a constraint.

If a component in an assembly is replaced with similar component that is not a copy of the original, there will obviously be failed constraints, and Inventor notifies the user of that. The problem is that when one of the constraints is fixed, a dialog box pops up again saying that the assembly cannot be solved. I know that there are other failed constraints, you don't have to tell me that after I fix every individual constraint. Or at least give me a check box that says "Do not show this again during this session". Surprisingly, checking the box next to "Do not show messages for pre-existing problems" in Application options does not work. See below for an example. 

• I opened my assembly

5.JPG

• I made sure that I had that box checked

4.JPG

• I replaced the gearbox with a different one that's not a copy of the original, and a lot of the constraints fail.

6.JPG

• I fixed the constraint called "Insert:2" and got the dialog box below telling me that the assembly cannot be solved and that the "new relationship conflicts with existing assembly relationships". This is not accurate at all. 

7.JPG

• I clicked "Accept the relationship", even though it's no longer a conflicting relationship, and as seen in the image below, Insert:2 is no longer a failed constraint.

9.JPG

PLEASE fix this issue. Having to click through this pop-up after fixing every individual constraint is very annoying and inefficient especially when working in assemblies with many constraints. Please give me an option to select, "Do not show messages for pre-existing problems" or to turn this prompt off all together in Application Options under the "Prompts" tab seen in the image below. I have the option to turn off every prompt except the one that I don't want to see. 

10.JPG

1 Comment
pcrawley
Advisor

All it needs is to be consistent with most other warning-style dialog boxes with a setting for "Do not show this message again this session".

01.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report