Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Cloud: Be able to change point size .

Point Cloud: Be able to change point size .

Hi!

Working with point cloud in Inventor is not easy. Compare with Recap or Faro Scene where they have adaptive point size, you are very limited by the small point size in Inventor. The problem is when you zoom in on something the pixel size of each point is unchanged, so what this means is that objects tend to disappear.

In recap or Faro Scene the point size is increasing the closer you get. This is an enormous difference when working whit point clouds, because it´s so much easier to find obstacles.

The easy (but not the best way) is to have a slider to be able to manually change point size.

The right way is to automatically change the point size like in Faro Scene.

4 Comments
michael.darnell1
Explorer

This functionality is badly needed. We do scanning of interior spaces and inventor is almost useless at this point for our application. 

mfurches
Enthusiast

This is such a basic function. Typical autodesk, we have this great new feature except it's virtually useless....

Anonymous
Not applicable

This function should have been in the software as they implemented point cloud. It is such a crucial part of dealing with point cloud that I don't understand how it's been ignored for so long. Right now I need to work with recap open on the side to make sure what I'm looking at in Inventor is what I think I'm looking at.

SHL_ADL_01
Explorer

Iv been hoping this would be a simple fix and they would have rolled it in by now.

Please implement this ASAP

This will improve our workflow significantly as we end up polygon meshing parts so we can see them in inventer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report