Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Evaluation of an Assembly's Subcomponents

Performance Evaluation of an Assembly's Subcomponents

It would be very helpful if there was a command that tabulates the rebuild time, number of faces, number of instances, and overall contribution to the total rebuild/update time of an assembly to identify problem parts or subassemblies. Not only would it help identify issues, it could also help quantify how large the problem is. Just generating a table would be helpful, but there are other things that could be done within the GUI to help as well.

I found Solidworks calls this Performance Evaluation, that can be used in various ways to help find and eliminate problematic features or components. It can also change the colour of components in the model view to provide visual feedback and help identify high load/rebuild time components (bright red = high rebuild/face count, dark blue = low rebuild/face count.). I believe it can also be used to read other meta data and sort and colour based upon that (such as a manually added cost).

For example, it is very helpful to find any nuts that when imported didn't have the threads removed, which results in 10000000 faces that need to be rebuilt one by one when you use that nut in thirty five different subassemblies.

2 Comments
ckirkCRESTLINE
Contributor

Small correction, the function in Solidworks I was referring to is actually called Assembly Visualization, the Performance Evaluation function does something else.

swalton
Mentor

I like it.  I'd also like the proposed tool to track the number and time of Vault calls. 

I want better tools to know if slow performance is due to poor modeling technique, computer hardware, network congestion, ADMS performance, Vault Data Standard, or something else.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report